... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 1 PM EST /noon
A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 1 PM EST /noon
* Timing: snow... occasionally heavy... will continue tonight. Snow
will end by sunrise Thursday morning.
* Accumulations: 2 to 5 inches. Localized higher amounts
possible... especially along the Ohio River.
* Main impact: snow covered roads and dangerous travel conditions.
Snow rates may be intense... resulting in rapid accumulations and
* Other impacts: north winds gusting up to 20 mph. This combined
with the weight of the snow could result in scattered power
outages and downed tree limbs.
Travel will be treacherous with some roads nearly impassable.
Have an emergency kit of blankets... food... water and flashlights
if you must travel. Power outages are likely.
The National Weather Service in Indianapolis has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the muscatatuck river at Wheeler Hollow.
* From Friday morning to Sunday evening.
* Flood stage is 16.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river is forecast to have a maximum value of 19.5
feet Saturday morning.
* At 20.0 feet... high water is noticed along the river. Flood waters
in a few backyards. A few roads are flooded.
Lat... Lon 3878 8591 3878 8603 3880 8615 3876 8618
3873 8605 3874 8591
... Snow reports for Louisville County Warning Area climate sites...
Location snowfall since total snow
midnight on ground
through 7 PM at 7 PM
Lexington (official) 0.5 1
Louisville international (official) 1.6 2
Louisville NWS office 1.4 1
Fort Knox 2.0 2